For the month of April, we are focusing on the world-famous, iconic D3 Original Styler 7 Row. It is the brush that everyone thinks of when they hear the name ‘Denman’. We hear it time and time again – “Oh yeah, that brush with the red pad!” In reality, we actually have over 100 different brushes available in our Denman range, however the D3 is what we are most famous for 😊
The D3 certainly deserves all the attention…it is about time everyone realised its true potential! Known for many decades as the ultimate styling brush for creating the most perfect blow-dry. In the 1960s, Vidal Sassoon put the Denman brush to work when creating his super-sleek and smooth bob hairstyles. Since then, every hairdresser, stylist and barber learn his/her trade using the Denman D3 brush as part of their tool kit.
Today, the brush is receiving great attention as the D3 Tik Tok Phenomenon spreads across the globe! Curly girls worldwide are going crazy for the D3 brush which gives them perfect curl definition. One Denman D3 fan states “All other brushes may be created equal, but the Denman brush is not just any brush! It’s one of the most valuable tools in my curly girl arsenal!” If you want to be amazed and see what all the fuss is about, just check out the most popular Tik Tok videos here: D3 Brush | Tik Tok | Global Phenomenon | Denman – Denman USA (denmanbrushus.com)
As spring is finally here, there is no better time to do a bit of spring cleaning! Are your brushes looking a bit grubby? Here is the ultimate guide to giving your brushes a deep-clean so they look brand-new!
- The first thing to do is remove any hair left in the pins. You can use the Denman DPC1 Pin Tail Comb (but anything long and pointed will do the trick)
- TOP TIP - Do not use your finger for this as you can catch one of the pins under your fingernail which can be painful, plus it is not as effective. Also do not press too hard as you might damage the pad of the brush.
- Once all the hair is removed, you can use warm soapy water to wash the brush. Use an old tint brush or a soft scrubbing brush to get rid of all the built-up product. A soft toothbrush works well too.
- Rinse the brush and leave to dry.
- Top Tip - When washing a brush with an airhole, always remember to cover the hole when submerged in water so liquid does not get inside the brush.
This April, we shine the spotlight on the FAB-U-LOUS Denman D3 Original Styler 7 Row, and talking of shine, did you know that our iconic Denman Original Stylers (D14, D3, D4) have been cleverly designed for deep cleaning? It’s like John Denman Dean (the main man who invented this wonderful, world-famous brush over 80 years ago) knew that a pandemic was going to hit in 2020 and we would be looking to sanitise everything within an inch of its life! Very clever man indeed 😊
How to Deep Clean Your D3 Original Styler
- Give your D3 a deeper clean by removing the pad and pins from the handle by sliding up.
- Open the pad and remove each individual strip of pins (use the bobble end to easily grab and remove each row and place them in the water).
- You can now gently scrub the empty pad, the rows of pins and don’t forget the handle, with the warm soapy water.
- Once everything is clean, rinse all parts thoroughly.
- Dry each part and start to re-assemble.
- Replace the pins, remembering to place the bobbles all at the bottom end. Line them up with the holes and gently push them through.
- Top Tip - The two shorter rows go on the outside.
- Once all the rows are replaced, you can fold the pad back up and slide it back into the handle (with the crowned D at the top) and leave to dry.
- Top Tip - Use a little liquid soap in the grooves to help it slide easier into place but if you do, do not forget to give it one final rinse before leaving it to dry.
- Your Denman D3 Original Styler is as good as new!